Financial Data & Reporting Analyst
This position provides financial and analytical support to senior finance, merchandising and planning, leaders and the EVINE Live management team. This position will support merchandising operations business to provide on-going reporting and merchant assortment, inventory management and pricing and promotional analytical analysis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Financial Analysis & Reporting
- Create and publish weekly, monthly, quarterly sales, margin, inventory and pricing and promotions key performance reporting, including trend and variance analysis reporting.
- Partner with Merchant and Planning to support analysis and evaluation of merchandising assortment, inventory management and pricing and promotional initiatives.
- Analyze sales, margin and inventory trends vs forecast and budget, research issues, and respond to questions from Finance and Merchant and Planning partners.
- Monitor the key performance metric scorecard to help leaders quickly understand the health and direction of the business.
- Other analyses and reporting as required by various cross-company business partners, including legal, marketing, and HR.
Systems and Data
- Partner with IT to maintain data integrity of data warehouse elements.
- Serve as liaison between IT and Merchandising and Planning to ensure system stability and execution of pricing and promotion capabilities.
- Execute key pricing and promotion set-up for Merchant partners.
- Leverage experience with MS Excel spreadsheet, Access database application and Oracle data retrieval tools to retrieve, collect and analyze business drivers and predict outcomes.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor degree in business, finance, accounting, math, management information systems or related area of study.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in quantitative analytics, sales margin and inventory analysis and reporting.
- Broad technical skills including experience with MS Excel spreadsheet, Access database application and Oracle data retrieval tools.
- Prove ability to work with extremely large data sets and discern key drivers of data movement and the root cause of change in the drivers and make recommendations based on the statistical data.
- Understanding of the data relationships within the current data environments.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage projects, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to present financial findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Retail merchandising industry experience
- Data experience with item master, purchasing, receiving and inventory systems and operations
- Working knowledge of Oracle Apps Purchasing, Retail, Adv Pricing, ATP, INV, Workflow
- Advanced data mining experience (SPSS, SAS, Microsoft Access, R, SQL)
Financial Analyst > Sr. Financial Analyst > Finance Manager > Sr. Finance Manager > Finance Director
401(k) match, Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Paid Time Off, & other perks
Team member discount