Transportation & Logistics Manager
The Transportation Manager is responsible for working with the operation to develop a vision for transportation while being the main point of contact for both operations and merchant groups. The Transportation Manager will be responsible for determining international freight strategy while determining cost levels for logistics within Evine. Likewise, this person will develop relationships with key suppliers, custom brokers, and importing partners while maintaining knowledge of supply chain developments. Finally, this person will understand and maintain detailed knowledge of macro international shipping trends including rates pricing changes
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains records of all departmental activities, including tracking of all costs, and charging of costs to appropriate costs centers.
- Reviews daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of activities and costs.
- Collaborates effectively with the fulfillment leadership team, and establishes effective working relationships with merchants, vendors, accounting, and other departments.
- Assists vendors in contacting local third parties to assist with trans loading or re-work
- Monitors forecasted and actual volumes throughout the supply chain from origin to final delivery
- Communicates issues effectively and ensures that issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Evaluates performance for key quality measures that impact the flow of freight
- Prepares and updates business reporting as requested
- Monitor and maintain existing Logistics and Transportation network while working on efficiencies to drive improved service and reduced cost
- Develop successful peak planning tools and strategy with internal and external partners
- Ability to analyze and identify savings across all modes and segments of domestic, imports and international transportation & logistics including; parcel, truckload, pool, LTL, air, ocean, and consolidation
- Identify and prioritize saving opportunities through analytical research of current and historical freight payment rates and data.
- Works with Merchandising, Accounting, and Finance teams to ensure promotions (i.e. TTVs) are priced correctly
- Develop formal carrier scorecards. Develop performance reporting tools for domestic, air, ocean, consolidation, deconsolidation, etc. Develop and enhance carrier service levels through scorecards and on time performance measurement tools.
- Manage freight payment solution provider. Work with freight payment provider and carriers to manage monthly carrier payment, reporting and analysis functions.
- Develop freight claims and chargeback process – Develop, implement, and manage new process
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 10+ years in a distribution environment, preferably with 5+ years in a supervisory or managerial role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word/Excel) required.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across multiple groups, including warehouse teams and IT teams.
- WMS experience preferred; Manhattan and Intelligrated software experience preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow through
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Flexibility to work extended hours when needed.
- Strategic thinker, develops and executes long-term strategic vision for freight forwarders and other external partners.
- Results driven, responsible for monitoring Service Provider level, KPI’s and process improvement.
- Solid knowledge of international shipping requirements and documentation, and thorough understanding of export/import governmental regulatory guidelines.
- Strong knowledge of import/export regulation, free trade agreement requirements, labeling, and other government agency requirements.
- Transportation Management Software experience highly desired
- Strong organizational skills. Able to multi-task' and solve problems in a timely manner.
- Detail-oriented with solid written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and deliver results under reasonable stress.
- Ability to travel at least one week per month
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and more
- Team member discount
- Clear growth opportunities within the organization
- Casual dress code
- On-site cafeteria