Retail Merchandise Planner
The Retail Merchandise Planner is responsible for planning shows to maximize sales including proper alignment of items and product stories, cross selling opportunities, item rotation, and cross promotion opportunities.
What you'll do
- Scripts and releases show runs in the show scheduling tool in accordance with planning release timeline.
- In accordance with the planning rules, the show planner will ensure the rotation between item airtime and exposures maximizes sales.
- Applies action found in item in terms of promotional pricing handles and markdowns.
- Creates show and item stories designed to maximize sales including on-air graphics.
- Drop down boxed in the show run in order to properly communicate the stories on-air via graphics.
- Works with the financial planner on the following:
- Execution of airtime vision for key items and future scripts items.
- Maximize sales on the same day as shows air by troubleshooting and revising as needed.
- Partners with buyers/sales managers/show hosts to execute and deliver for proper on-air execution and show positioning.
- Works with financial planner and buyer to identify show opportunities to maximize sales and airtime.
- Serves as a point of communication to the call center forecasting team to communicate show run changes and challenges.
What you'll need to succeed
- 1-3 years inventory planning experience in merchandise/merchandising/marketing environment preferred. Retail store/department management experience is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in a PC/Windows environment, Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer).
- Analytical, organizational and communication skills required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and adapt quickly to change.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience required.
Benefits – What you’ll get
- 401(k) match, Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Paid Time Off
- Team member discount
- Casual dress, 7 days/week
- On-site cafeteria