Scenic Carpenter - Temporary
The Scenic Carpenter is responsible for construction of sets and props. Organize, delegate, and budget of construction and fabrication for all sets and props required for the studios. This involves the scheduling of projects for set design, set up and striking of sets, the pick-up of building materials, and acquisition and storage of props and materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supervise daily care and cleanup of the shop, shop tools, and supplies.
- Aide Manager and Art Director in design plans for new vendors when assigned.
- Aide Traffic Manager in assigning time for blocking and set installation deadlines on a daily basis.
- Work with Set Dresser in concepting, designing, and planning set layouts and styling.
- Maintain organization of set elements in Props 1 and 2.
- Drive Attend additional meetings for new shows or concepts when assigned by Manager.
- Train and mentor team members.
- Lead freelance Scenic Carpenter(s) on structural set designs, construction, and set installations projects.
- Aide Manager in tracking expenditures by project and operating costs.
- Recommend purchases for appropriate scenic supplies and equipment.
- Front line responsibility to implement and maintain OSHA or higher safety standards.
- Create technical structural drawings based set designs supplied by a Set Dresser.
- Accurately produce finished projects on a timely basis.
- Train Production Assistance and Floor Crew on proper use, maintenance, and repair of sets.
- Secure additional staffing when needed.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures in the performance of job duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Attend an accredited technical school or college for a period of at least 2 years. Coarse work in technical theater or applied industrial arts is essential.
As much as 80% - 100% of the workday may be on your feet involving lifting, climbing and moving of props and construction material.
Lifting 40 - 70 lbs. is required as well as climbing and working on ladders.
This position is physically demanding.
Lifting and safely controlling weights of up to 70 pounds.
Must have the ability to work with and operate large power tools.
Benefits – What you’ll get
- 401(k) match, Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Paid Time Off
- Team member discount
- On-site cafeteria