The Accounting Manager will provide the Accounting Team support with monthly accounting close management and review, accounting reserve validation, process improvements, business line accounting, audit and quarterly review administration, taxes, SOX compliance, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare analysis and associated journal entries as part of the month end close process
- Responsible for calculating accounting reserves, including: inventory, reserve for returns and bad debt
- Business line accounting and analysis, including Sales, COGS and margin reporting
- Prepare and review balance sheet account reconciliations; identify and resolve reconciling items timely
- Assist in researching/understanding/resolving unusual P&L/Balance sheet activity before month-end close is finalized
- Review of transactional details as needed
- Completion of quarterly and annual corporate income tax provision/deferred workbook. Maintenance of Federal/State NOL carryforward schedules and prepare and/or review of monthly sales & use tax returns.
- Primary point of contact for quarterly review and annual audit, PNC quarterly collateral audits, and other audits as needed
- Partner with various business functions to complete internal and operational audits
- Prepare, review and provide financial schedules to the external reporting team
- Assist in the annual renewal of business casualty insurance
- Responsible for maintaining SOX documentation on the general ledger accounting team, including driving continuous improvement
- Assist in identifying and designing robust controls
- Identify areas of opportunity for process and system improvements
- Other duties as assigned by accounting leadership
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 4 year degree in accounting/finance
- 7-10 years of progressive experience
- Public accounting experience is preferred
- CPA and Big 4 experience preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP, SOX and accounting/finance theories and methodologies.
- Ability to collaborate with senior management, finance team, auditors, etc.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and other business applications, such as Word
- Oracle knowledge a plus