Product Quality & Compliance Manager
Promote customer satisfaction and loyalty by ensuring that products sold are high-quality, accurately described, safe and without defects or damage. Develop and implement detailed technical quality guidelines, performance standards, and specifications for assigned product categories. Manage product evaluation to ensure compliance with these requirements. Emphasize education over enforcement, and avoiding and preventing problems once detected. Interact effectively with vendors, merchants, QC Inspection and nearly all other internal departments. Monitor, investigate, and resolve negative customer feedback trends and vendor performance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for all aspects of product quality assurance and regulatory compliance for assigned product categories. Determine whether and ensure products comply with EVINE Live requirements and standards.
- Ensure accuracy of all product information, in compliance with all known and applicable federal, state and local requirements set forth by, but not limited to: FTC, FDA, CPSC, CPSIA, ISTA, DOT, CA Prop 65.
- Develop, implement, and maintain detailed technical quality guidelines, performance standards, and specifications for assigned product categories.
- Remain current on industry and regulatory developments and revise processes and requirements as appropriate.
- Develop, refine, and maintain the “EVINE Live Vendor Manual” (and Chapters of the Vendor Manual) for assigned product categories.
- Communicate requirements to vendors, merchants, and others as needed. This includes, but is not limited to, establishing and implementing effective vendor on boarding, and developing and presenting detailed training materials on a regular basis.
- Establish, cultivate and maintain effective collaborative working relationships with merchants, vendors and others.
- Monitor new purchase orders for high dollar, high profile, high risk products; new vendors; and reorders. Determine appropriate actions needed such as vendor on boarding; OSI; factory evaluation and/or product re-evaluation.
- Manage the evaluation of samples, ensuring compliance with requirements, complete documentation and capture of evaluation results in various systems and applications, and effective communication to affected parties. Redistribution of workload to meet service level agreements during high volume periods.
- Ensure that individual and bulk packaging is appropriate and complies with EVINE Live requirements.
- Ensure that on-air samples, digital images, and other product information presented to customers accurately represents the goods that will be shipped to customers.
- In partnership with the Distribution Center Quality Control team, and 3rd-party Inspection Service Providers, develop and implement quality control inspection procedures and criteria. This includes specifying correct Statistical Acceptance Sampling Plans.
- Lead, mentor and develop staff. Provide guidance, training, and ongoing performance feedback and behavioral coaching, conducted and documented in a regular and timely manner.
- Manage and resolve complex quality issues, and implement corrective action to prevent future occurrences.
- Develop and manage processes to achieve budget and operational service level commitments.
- Create, or oversee creation of, “inspection packets” for “Overseas Inspections” (“OSI’s”) containing product information, inspection criteria, etc. Receive, review, and resolve issues noted in Inspection Reports.
- Investigate root causes and implement corrective action for excessive customer returns, negative customer contacts and on-line product reviews, and incoming receipt quality control problems. . Interact with vendors, merchants, and quality control team to resolve problems and prevent their reoccurrence.
- Monitor and report on vendor performance with respect to First-Piece QA Samples, Quality Control Inspection, and customer feedback (including return rates and reasons). Initiate corrective action plans for sub-standard suppliers, and recognition program for high-performers.
- Analyze and review technical documents to verify and substantiate product claims.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to increase efficiency and optimize resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Ten (10)+ years related experience in quality assurance and regulatory compliance in two (2) or more of the following product categories:
- Health & Beauty
- Fashion Accessories (footwear, handbags, etc.)
- Kitchen Products
- Home Décor
- Home Textiles
- Electrical Appliances
- Consumer Electronics
- Five (5) + years supervisory experience
- Five (5) + years product development in retail quality assurance environment
- Experience conducting factory capability audits
- Knowledge and understanding of performance testing standards including those established by: ASTM, AATCC, ISO, ANSI and ISTA.
- Familiarity of US - CFR
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage processes and lead people
- Collaborative and accountable team player
- Self motivated, timely, reliable, and responsive to time-urgent matters
- Strong decision-making, organization, and planning skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Senior QA Manager > QA Director
What you'll get
- 401(k) match, Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Paid Time Off
- Team member discount
- Casual dress, 7 days/week
- On-site cafeteria