Verifies and keeps records on outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment.
Team player, flexible, good communicator, positive, dependable, good math skills.
Principle Accountabilities & Authorities:
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures of items of incoming or outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Affixes labels on packed cartons or identifying shipping information on cartons.
- Inserts items into containers.
- Stamps or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
- Assigns delivery appointments as needed.
- Records all information as required on inbound shipments.
- Posts weights and shipping charges and affixes postage.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Routes items to departments.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Operates tier lift truck or uses hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Ensures his/her work areas are maintained and cleaned daily.
- Ensures he/she supports all company safety procedures and encourages all fellow associates to do the same.
- Ensures that his/her assignments are completed in a consistent and high quality manner.
- Understands that in our team environment that he/she could on occasion be required to support other job functions on his/her shift.
- Work in an efficient manner to help ensure that the team reaches productivity goals.
Other Assigned Responsibilities/Development-
High School Diploma or GED
- Three to six months related experience.
- Distribution experience preferred.
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and more
- Team member discount
- Clear growth opportunities within the organization
- Casual dress code
- On-site cafeteria