Senior Business Analyst - eCommerce
Evine is seeking a Senior IT Business Analyst with focus on the eCommerce process to join our IT team.
This role collaborates with the development team to execute the strategy for Evine.com and mobile initiatives. Key responsibilities include executing on mobile APPS (iOS and Android), tablet applications and website strategies. He/She will understand the business strategy and play a key role in bridging any gaps between IT and the business. This individual partners closely with the Business Users, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Product Managers, and other teams (including, Social team, Analytics team and content teams, Creative team) to ensure solid deliverables.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Execute the Evine digital initiatives (Evine.com and application development)
- Participate in the prioritization of business requirements throughout the entire project life cycle by working with the business partners and development teams.
- Responsible for collecting, organizing, interpreting and analyzing data from a wide range of existing data sources.
- Problem solving – including cross-functional problem-solving to address company-wide and systemic issues on digital platforms.
- Maintain and monitor the usability of the site and applications, while looking for opportunities for improvement.
- Gather feedback through focus groups and other data collection methods to adjust project parameters as needed to create the best possible user experience
- Assist with post project deployment – triage, turnover to business and application support team
- Ensure strong test plans are in place and perform testing for the new functions.
- Become Evine’s subject matter expert for mobile applications.
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5 + years of Business Analyst experience or digital experience, specific focus on eCommerce and Mobile commerce experience preferred
- Strong aptitude for software development lifecycle and understanding of online technology required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing demands
- Strong communication skills;both written and oral
- Proven experience project managing multi-faceted, inter-departmental projects and improvements
- Specialized knowledge in retail or direct marketing operations preferred
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Change management skill and the ability to spearhead change in an organization
- Knowledge and experience with a variety of testing methods such as Unit Testing, Systems/functional testing, regression testing, performance /stress testing.
What you’ll get
- 401(k) match, Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Paid Time Off
- Team member discount
- Casual dress, 7 days/week
- On-site cafeteria