Buyer - Footwear, Handbags & Accessories
The Buyer has ownership of their overall business and is accountable to achieve sales and margin objectives. This includes development and execution of product assortment strategy and management of vendor relationships for a specific category of business to maximize sales and exceed customer expectations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plan category assortment and develop sales strategy across all media through product sourcing, development, positioning, and pricing, and concept development and management.
- Develop and execute promotional strategy.
- Analyze industry, competitor, and category trends to identify new product opportunities.
- Owned Brand and/or product development and process management as defined by product/buyership strategy.
- Provide appropriate coaching and corrective discipline as needed to address non-compliance issues.
- Provide assessment, training, development, feedback to the team to support individual growth and maintain a positive work environment.
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships, and manage vendor performance.
- Communicate and coordinate concept vision and execution with internal support partners.
- Communicate and partner with internal teams.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant Buyer/ Retail Management experience preferred
- 1-3 years team leadership experience
- Home shopping network experience in a merchandising role is preferred
- Outstanding negotiating and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and management experience preferred
- Ablility to operate independently and work closely with the buying team and other cross functional teams
- Ability to travel
Benefits – What you’ll get
- 401(k) match, Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Paid Time Off
- Team member discount
- On-site cafeteria