The Finance Leadership Rotation Program will help you launch an exciting and challenging career in Finance at Evine. Over the course of 12 months, you’ll gain a wealth of experience in 3-4 key Finance and Accounting positions. Finance Consultants in the Finance Leadership Rotation Program will hone analytical and quantitative skills, serving as a financial consultant and business partner for internal clients such as Merchandising, Credit, Content Distribution, Marketing and Supply Chain. You’ll also have an opportunity for a 2-3 week role inside a business unit. Throughout the program, you’ll receive ongoing mentoring and development advising from seasoned leaders who will be there to help you excel in your career.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze financial metrics and performance.
- Prepare financial forecasts in support of evolving product and strategy decisions.
- Develop, improve and / or automate reporting and analysis to provide insight into business trends.
- Provide insight on the goals, forecasts, and financial performance of individual business areas and the corporation, and help influence decisions.
- Participate in the external financial reporting process, including the quarterly earnings release and securitization trust reporting.
- Perform financial and operational audits, testing controls and identifying efficiencies.
- Monitor/Enhance business specific analytics in support of external and internal financial reporting.
- Interpret financial and operational performance to identify business risks and opportunities.
Systems and Data:
- Leverage experience with MS Excel spreadsheet, Access database application and Oracle data retrieval tools to retrieve, collect and analyze business drivers and predict outcomes.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor degree in business, finance, accounting, math, management information systems or related area of study.
- 1-2 years of previous work experience.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage projects, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to present financial findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Retail merchandising industry experience.
- Broad technical skills including experience with MS Excel spreadsheet, Access database application and Oracle data retrieval tools.
- Prove ability to work with extremely large data sets and discern key drivers of data movement and the root cause of change in the drivers and make recommendations based on the statistical data.
- Understanding of the data relationships within the current data environments.