Call Center Training Specialist
The Call Center Training Specialist is the first point of contact for new call center team members and must lead by example to set a professional standard for Team Members to model. The trainer provides learning and development opportunities for team members, supports training programs for sales and support departments, partners with business unit to identify training and development needs, proposes solutions, and implements training programs to achieve business results.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Partners with business unit to identify training needs as they impact call center team members.
- Monitors prioritization of training and handles multiple tasksDesign and Development
- Develop and maintain training materials for new hire and incumbent training including participant guides, leader’s guides, support materials, online learning and Knowledge Management.
- Partner with Quality Assurance team to improve individual performance by coaching, facilitating, and presenting information that has been identified as a learning need.
- Create and communicate training updates to trainers and team membersImplementation
- Deliver training of new and existing programs for both individuals and classes.
- Deliver train the trainer programs to ensure appropriate communication to call centersEvaluation
- Works with managers to ensure training was successful through post classroom monitoring, coaching and development to assure knowledge and skills are learned and maintained.
- Evaluate effectiveness of and recommend improvements for peer trainers and mentors, training programs , and the Knowledge Management librarySupervision of employees through training and during high volume seasons, including:
- Maintain consistent communication between management and the CSR staff to ensure employees have the necessary information to perform as an integral part of the success of our operation.
- Provide overall floor support, answering questions from phone support personnel. Handle highly escalated calls with professionalism and expedite resolution, creating a positive customer experience.
- Provide firm, fair, and consistent feedback to all CSR staff to support individual growth and maintain a positive work environment.
- Provide appropriate coaching and corrective discipline as needed to address non-compliance issues.
- Find ways to motivate and increase job satisfaction with each member of the CSR staff.
- Ensure that corporate policies and procedures are followed and are consistently applied for issue resolution.
- Communicate and maintain training calendar
- Maintain training records and track training
- Maintain Knowledge Management libraryAll other duties as assigned by manager
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Technical and soft skills training experience
- Online knowledge management systems experience
- Able to lead by example to model a professional standard for the call center.
- Solid presentation skills and group facilitation skills
- Able to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results.
- Able to drive change to existing business processes
- Highly motivated, able to work independently and lead projects
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Salesforce CRM experience preferred
- 2 – 3 years of assessment, development and implementation preferred
- Retail experience preferred
- Understanding of operations procedures preferred
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and more
- Team member discount
- Clear growth opportunities within the organization
- Casual dress code
- On-site cafeteria